Purpose of the position
- Define the commercial strategy for the Velocity program
- Work with vendor and sales team to develop and execute compelling propositions for the Team, Resellers and their end users.
- Deliver additional business and commercial results through Velocity
Duties and Responsibilities
As commercial owner of the Velocity Program the EMEA Vendor Manager will own the EMEA velocity strategy.
The Vendor Manager will create and update the Velocity portfolio by constantly analyzing market trends and opportunities within the existing vendor portfolio and new vendors.
In close collaboration with the vendors invited to the Velocity program the Vendor Manager will create and ensure execution of the business and marketing plan.
The EMEA Vendor Manager will own the plan and it’s execution to ensure financial results are in line with the company objectives.
Support the Velocity commercial team in the achievement of set revenue and GP budgets in line with company directive and objectives.
Collaborate with the Velocity Sales Manager to ensure alignment between the business plan and Sales operations
Work closely together with the Vendor Management team to develop opportunities and make them part of the Vendor Business plan.
Build relationships with the most important EMEA DMR’s and support local sales teams in the relationship with the local DMRs
- Establish strong, productive customer and vendor relations
- Support the efficient promotion of differentiating Westcon Velocity value propositions through sales engagement and training.
- In coordination with Velocity sales team proactively work to position the various vendor product lines and ensure comprehension of portfolio
- Build visibility with vendors and country sales teams to create a competitive distribution advantage for Westcon.
- Coordinate monthly report on tracking business levels, product trends, promotions and top customer profile
- Identify ways to build margin by means of bundling and developing new propositions
- Assist where necessary with inventory and special orders
- Manage product updates/releases and price changes
- Work with full marketing team, vendor and sales to develop and own compelling programmes and initiatives
- Maintain competitive awareness of other vendor products and other distribution activity
- Work with Vendor Marketing to
- produce regular marketing bulletins to communicate all product, service, pricing and promotional activity;
- develop sales and marketing tools to aid Velocity sales teams to easily understand the product applications and proposition.
- Provide internal updates on a regular basis
- Present vendor marketing programmes and objectives to sales force
- Assist with customer events as necessary
- Identify in-demand products within assigned product line and develop effective marketing to build awareness and sales volume
- Ensure product/vendor/promotional information on Internet and Intranet is accurate and up-to-date
- Support sales team with product positioning
- Work with sales team to understand product trends
- Ensure customer operations have the necessary product and promotional information
- Develop product presentations for the sales force
- Present senior management with forecasts, relevant reports and analysis
- Provide monthly reports
- Track competitive issues and log of pricing issues, corrections, and results
- Provide input to training materials where necessary
Other duties as requested
- Good knowledge on how to create a commercial strategy and the related plans
- Experience in working with Tele-sales teams
- Good understanding of the DMR market
- Understand technologies and solutions to a level allowing to define the business plans
- Excellent Computer literacy
- Understanding of and ability to apply pricing, Gross Profit, discounts, and margin calculations
- Basic understanding of P&L allowing to define business plans
- Customer Service:
- Principles and processes for providing customer service
- Sales and result driven
- Collaborating Cross-Functionally
- Developing Customer, Vendor and Internal Relationships
- Industry/Company Knowledge
- High Impact Communication
- Customer Focus
- Versatility and Resilience
- Very strong relationship with the vendor and all key stakeholders within the vendor
- Regular contact with existing and new partners
- Direct own efforts: work with little direct supervision or guidance
- Office-based – international travel will be required for short periods of time
Please apply online by uploading your CV. firstname.lastname@example.org / 06-50628471